iPhone Dev team released Redsn0w 0.9.14b2 to jailbreak iOS 6 on iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4th gen and iPhone 3GS. As always, unlockers are advised to stay away from iOS 6 as ultrasn0w is not yet compatible with iOS 6. The new jailbreak is tethered for iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod Touch 4th Gen and untethered for old bootrom iPhone 3GS.
- This is tethered jailbreak for non-A5 devices
- If you use ultrasn0w for unlock, make sure you use custom IPSW option in extras section of redsn0w
- Ultrasn0w is still not updated to support iOS 6. So that means you’ll loose unlock for now even if you preserve your baseband. The new ultrasn0w to support iOS 6 (and not new basebands) will be out soon though
- It is untethered for old bootrom iPhone 3GS
Here is the step by step guide to Jailbreak iOS 6 on iPhone 4, 3GS and iPod Touch using Redsn0w 0.9.14b2:
Warning: This would upgrade your baseband!!!
- Download Redsn0w 0.9.14b2 for Mac or Windows
- Connect your iPhone and open redsn0w
- Open extras > Select IPSW and Select IPSW. Point it to iOS 6 IPSW
- Click Back > Jailbreak
- Select install Cydia and any other option and click Next
- Switch off your iPhone and click next
- Follow onscreen instructions to put your device in DFU mode
- Wait until your iOS 6 powered device is fully jailbroken
Remember- This updates your baseband. If you want to preserve baseband, open redsn0w, goto Extras and create custom IPSW. And then restore it with iTunes. Also, ultrasn0w isn’t yet compatible with iOS 6