iPhone Dev Team has once again updated their redsn0w 0.9.7b3 application to jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 untethered on iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4G and iPad. It is a backup plan and does its job but has its own limitations.
- Do not use this if you need ultrasn0w. Things may get wrong and you may not be able to unlock your device.
- You need to have iOS 4.2b3 ipsw file and its SHSH blobs saved on Cydia. Currently, locally saved blobs will not work.
- Only for Mac OS
- You need to have usbmuxd software installed on your Mac. Download it here.
- Bluetooth does not work as of now.
Below are the step by step guide to jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 untethered on iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4G and iPad:
- Using redsn0w 0.9.6b4, jailbreak your iDevice tethered first using instructions posted here.
- Make sure you have 4.2b3 SHSH blobs saved on cydia.
- Install usbmuxd on Mac and execute the following commands:
- Download redsn0w from here. Start redsn0w 0.9.7b3 and point it to 4.2.1 firmware.
- Click next and select “Jailbreak Monte”. Select 4.2b3 ipsw on the following screen.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to put your device in DFU mode.
- Now sit back and relax. After some time, you’ll have fully jailbroken iDevice running 4.2.1 untethered.
chmod +x tcprelay.py
./tcprelay.py -t 22:2222