Like Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome too have support for extensions, although the extensions are very less and presently work only in the developer release of Chrome.
Chritter is a Google Chrome extension which shows twitter messages at the bottom of browser. It uses oauth and hence is pretty secure. With oauth, you don’t have to give your twitter username and password. Here are some of the features of Chritter:
- Shows recent tweets in the toolstrip
- Fetches new tweets every 5 minutes
- linkifies http://links, @usernames and #hashtags
- Uses oauth to sign in, so you donâ€™t need to give it your twitter password
- Stores the access token as a bookmark, Simply click on bookmark to sign out.
Download: Chritter Extension for Chrome