You read it right guys, atleast for now, you can unlock any iPhone with any baseband including (04.11.08 baseband unlock) using Subscriber Artificial Module (SAM). The trick was discovered by Loktar_Sun and is currently working as confirmed by @Musclenerd. The trick converts temporary unlock to permanent unlock, atleast till apple fixes it. Without any further delay, here is what you need to do:
- This works only for jailbroken iPhones. Here is the link to jailbreak iOS 5.1: Link
- Install SAM utility via Cydia. Add http://repo.bingner.com as source in Cydia
- Insert your desired SIM card and open SAM
- Goto Utilities. Select “Deactivate iPhone”
- Enable SAM and choose “By Country and Carrier” in Method. Select the carrier for which the iPhone is locked to. For example AT&T
- Goto More information > Write down IMSI in “SAM Details” and keep it safe somewhere
- Click “Spoof Real SIM to SAM”
- Go back to main SAM screen and select method as manual. Paste IMSI as stored in step 6
- Connect iPhone to iTunes and let it reactivate the iPhone
- Unplug iPhone and close iTunes
- Open SAM and disable it
- Connect iPhone and open iTunes again
- iTunes should give an error: “Your iPhone could not be activated”
- Close iTunes and open it again
Congratulations, your carrier signal should now appear and your iPhone should be unlocked. However, as mentioned by musclenerd, it works only on the sim inserted in step 3. You can do the whole method again for different sims.
NOTE: After your iPhone is unlocked.
Please open SAM again and click “Backup Activation”. Use redsn0w 0.9.10b8 to backup activation records (read about it at http://www.technonix.com/2012/04/backup-activation-records-using-redns0w-redsnow-0-9-10b8/ )This is very important as it will save activation details and allows you to unlock even if Apple fixes this.