User installing the addons made using the JetPack API won’t be required to restart their browsers. Also, their won’t be any compatibility problems with different versions of firefox. Below are some of the features of JetPack:
- Initial Jetpack APIs with support for statusbars, tabs, content-scripts, animations, and more.
- Support for external API libraries (e.g. Twitter)
- jQuery support
- Integrated development environment with Bespin, with immediate installs and a fast development cycle
- Inline debugging with Firebug
- This initial release of the Jetpack API does not include a fully formed security model. It is being released for testing, development, and feedback.
Also checkout this Mozilla Labs tutorial video.