Using this method will update your baseband. The current version of ultrasn0w is still not compatible with the new baseband. You’ll loose unlock if you try this method. Unlockers, please stay away from this.
Redsn0w(redsnow) has been updated to version 0.9.6rc12 and it can now jailbreak iOS 4.3.2 for all iDevices (but tethered for new ones). For those who don’t know, redsn0w is a windows/Mac tool to jailbreak iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad.
- Unlockers please stay away from this release. It upgrades your baseband and you’ll loose unlock, possibly forever.
- Windows 7 users should use Windows XP compatibility mode.
- iTunes 10.1 is recommended.
Here is the step by step guide to jaibreak iOS 4.3.2 using redsn0w 0.9.6rc12
- Download iOS 4.3.2 and iOS 4.3.1. Download links given below.
- Download redsn0w 0.9.6rc12. Download links given below.
- Open up iTunes. It’ll detect your iPhone.
- Press Shift and click restore. Browse for the ipsw file you downloaded in step 1. iTunes will restore the iDevice to 4.3.2. Let it do its work. It may take some time.
- Open redsnow (redsn0w). Browse for the iOS 4.3.1 ipsw file you downloaded in step1. It’ll verify the file. Click next.
- Check “Install Cydia”. Check other options only if you know what you are doing.
- Switch off your iPhone and click next. It is very important to switch off your iPhone.
- Redsnow (redsn0w) will now guide you to put your iPhone in DFU mode. Do exactly as shown
- Once done, it’ll start the jailbraking process. Relax and let it do its work. Do not interrupt or attempt to turn off the device. The jailbreak will complete in few minutes.
- You’ll be able to open your iDevice but won’t be able to open Cydia. To open Cydia, connect iDevice to computer and open redsb0w again. Do everything again but this time, choose “Just boot tethered right now”. The device will now boot in jailbroken state and you’ll be able to run cydia.
Only for new iDevices (iPhone 4, 3GS (New Bootrom), iPod touch 4G / 3G / 2G, iPad)
Redsn0w 0.9.6rc12 for Mac
Redsn0w 0.9.6rc12 for Windows
Download iOS 4.3.2:
Download iOS 4.3.1: