Apple announced a new version of iPhone named iPhone 3GS in WorldWide Developer Conference (WDDC) 2009. In the two hour long event, Apple also unveiled the new 13 and 15 inch MacBook Pro, Snow Leopard, Safari 4 and iPhone OS 3.0.
Here we have the comprehensive iPhone 3GS features:
Its all about Speed
- ‘S’ in 3GS stands for speed, and it is indeed faster than its predecessors
- The new iPhone 3GS has a new processor, which is two times faster than previous generation iPhones.
- Supports faster 7.2 Mbps 3G standard which means faster internet.
Camera and Video
- iPhone 3GS has a new 3 Mega Pixel Camera.
- Supports Video- 30 fps VGA.
- Auto focus, Auto exposure, and Auto white balance in both image and video modes.
- Macro and low light mode- finally!!
- Supports geotagging.
- Faster 7.2 Mbps 3G standard
- Tri Band HSPDA/UMTS
- Quad Band GSM/EDGE.
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
- WiFi 802.11b/g.
We hope this time Apple comes up with a good battery solution. According to them, battery life is improved. Here is what to expect from the new 3GS:
- 12 hours of talk time on 2G and 5 on 3G, with a up to 300 hour standby time.
- Up to 9 hrs on WiFi.
- Video playback is 10 hours and 30 hours for audio.
- Usual features from iPhone OS 3.0- MMS, Video, Copy and Paste, Spotlight Search and Voice Memo.
- A new built in Magnetometer, which shows direction in google maps.
- Voice Control- Now control your iPhone using voice commands.
- Built in Nike+ support.
- New accessiblity features- zooming on videos, inverted video and voice over touch.
- $199 for 16GB version.
- $299 for 32GB version.
The new iPhone 3GS will be available on June 19th. We dont know about you, but this baby is worth its price. Although most of the software features are already available on jailbroken iPhones, but because of the extended battery life and the new 3 MP camera, this new iPhone would be a hit.