Evad3rs team released the much awaited evasi0n application to jailbreak any device (except Apple TV 3) running iOS 6.0 – iOS 6.1. The jailbreak is untethered on all Apple devices, which means you can safely reboot the device without affecting jailbreak functionality. Evasi0n is compatible with all iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and iPad mini models running iOS 6.0 through 6.1
- 5 minutes of your time!
- A computer, running Windows (XP minimum), Mac OS X (10.5 minimum) or Linux (x86 / x86_64)
- An iPhone, iPad or iPod running iOS 6.0 through 6.1 (you may check in Settings / General / About => Version)
- A USB cable to connect the device to the computer
Here is a detailed step by step guide to Jailbreak iOS 6.x using Evasi0n (Evasion):
- Update your Apple device to iOS 6.1 using iTunes. Keep in mind that this will update the baseband, which will make ultrasn0w incompatible. Do not use iOS update feature found in settings. It may cause problems.
- Download evasi0n for Windows, Mac or Linux from http://www.evasi0n.com
- Open Evasi0n downloaded in step 2
- Press Jailbreak
- Let Evasi0n do its work. It may take 5-10 minutes to complete. Do not turn off the computer or disconnect your device
- Once prompted, Unlock your device and press “Jailbreak” only once.
- Let the device restart
If you have tethered jailbreak:
- Open cydia and refresh the sources
- Search for “evasi0n”.
- Install “evasi0n 6.x Untether”
- Reboot Device
Voila..You now have untethered iOS 6.1 jailbreak. Open cydia, and install your favourite applications. For more such updates on iPhone jailbreaking and unlocking, subscribe to technoNix via email, connect with us via our facebook fan page or twitter.