Finally, the wait is over. Apple has just announced the new iPad Mini at their event today. Most of the rumors are true, and it is almost the same as iPad 2, but with smaller screen size.
Key specifications of iPad mini:
- Display - iPad mini gets the a smaller 7.9 inch display with 1024×768 resolution. Pixel density comes out to be 163ppi, which is meager by today’s standards
- Camera - iPad mini gets the same camera as the new iPad. It has Facetime HD camera for video calls and 5 megapixel rear camera with 1080p HD recording
- Processor - The new iPad Mini gets dual core A5 processor, same as that of iPad 2
- Weight - The new iPad mini weighs considerably less, thanks to its reduced size. Weighs just 0.68lbs and is just 7.2 mm thick
- Battery Life - iPad Mini boasts a battery life of 10 hours
iPad mini comes in two colors: black and white. There are three storage configurations – 16GB ($329) / 32GB ($429) / 64GB ($529) – and two configurations based on connectivity – Wi-Fi only and LTE (add $130).
This is a lot more expensive than the recently launched Nexus 7 tablets. The price could have been a little lower, as android tablets are giving some decent competition to the iPads
iPad mini would be available in selected countries on November 2nd,2012. Online pre-orders starts friday, 26th November
What do you think about the new iPad mini? Is it worth it or too expensive? Let us know in comments. And do not forget to follow us on Twitter (@technonix) or Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/technonix)