Many of the iPhone..especially iPhone 4 users have bad home button or power button. We have previously published a guide to re-caliberate iPhone home button. However, there might be some hardware problems with the home button or power button of the iPhone and this may lead to several problems. If you jailbreak your iPhone, you may know that it is necessary to Enter DFU mode to successfully jailbreak your device. DFU Mode without Home button or Power button was difficult to achieve as there were too many manual steps. However, Redsn0w has been updated to version 0.9.14b2 which allows users to get to DFU Mode without Home button or Power button. The trick used by redsn0w is old and surprisingly works till now.
Here is a step by step guide to Enter DFU Mode without Home button or power button:
- Download Redsn0w 0.9.14b2 (OS X) or Redsn0w 0.9.14b2 (Windows — run in Administrator Mode)
- Download ipsw firmware file for your device. Choose a firmware file which is currently signed.
- Open Redsn0w. Goto Extras > Even More > DFU IPSW
- Select the IPSW currently being signed (downloaded in step 2)
- Redsn0w will create “ENTER_DFU_” version of the ipsw file
- Open iTunes and press alt/option and click restore
- Browse for the IPSW file created in step 5 and let it restore
- You will get error in iTunes. This is normal
- iPhone screen would be completely black, indicating that you have successfully entered DFU mode without Home or Power Button