Most of the users on iOS 5 and iOS 5.0.1 have tethered jailbreak, which means you’ll need to connect your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch to computer in order to restart it. Only a lucky few (iPhone 3GS with old bootrom) have the ability to jailbreak untethered.
Semitether is a Cydia package that allows users with tethered jailbreak to reboot without connecting the device to computer. The reboot isn’t perfect, but your device will atleast be usable. The latest pacth allows Safari to be used in a SemiTether mode.
- Open Cydia and tap Manage Tab
- Tap Sources. Now tap Edit, then Add
- Add URL http://thebigboss.org/semitether
- Cydia will reindex the repositories
- Tap Search and search for Semitether
- Install SemiTether